Custom Settlers Board
“Settlers of Catan” is a great way to start fights with your friends. It’s a great strategic game that can easily consume an entire evening.
But my boo and I went way beyond that: we spent several weeks (and far more money than expected) creating our own sturdier, sexier version of the popular and involved tabletop game. She laser cut the plexiglass board, hexagon tiles, and chips; I got newly designed decks printed for the Resources and Development Cards; and we both hand cut and painted the Settlements, Cities, and Roads.
Features of note:
- flat play surface, including flush number chips on each Island Tile
- perfectly interlocking plexiglass “ocean” has visible pattern to keep Docks in correct order
- very cool black-on-black Robber piece
- giant poker-style placards for Longest Road and Largest Army (no hiding those Victory Points!)
- simplified graphics and clearer use of color throughout
- wood burned box graphics